I posted an Instagram story during the week of these and got a few questions as to what they are and how to make them so I though I might as well throw together a bit of a blog post.
These egg muffins are a lifesaver for me in the morning times. I’m one of those people who really struggles to get out of bed in the morning and usually leave myself with the minimum amount of time to get ready and out the door for work so I don’t really have the time to eat a breakfast before I boot it out the door in the morning so meal prep has become a huge part of my life lately and these egg muffins are the perfect healthy breakfast for those busy weekday mornings.
All you need is:
1/2 Red or Yellow Pepper
6 Bacon Medallions
A handful of Spinach Leaves
Salt & Pepper
Silicon Muffin Molds
A Muffin Tin
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Dice the veg and bacon to relatively the same size and begin by frying the bacon off in a small pan with some Frylight.
- Once the bacon is starting to get crispy add the peppers to the pan to cook.
- While that’s cooking beat up 4 eggs with some salt and pepper.
- Add the scallions to the pan and allow them to cook for a few minutes.
- Line your muffin tin with the silicon cases and add some spinach to each case.
- Fill the case with the bacon, peppers and scallion mix.
- Divide the beaten eggs between as many cases as you can (I usually get 6 egg muffins from this mixture) and pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from the cases and allow to cool on a wire tray.
It’s as simple as that. I find these so handy to throw in the oven while you’re cooking something else and they’re ready for the next mornings breakfast (or can be frozen). I just pop them in the microwave for about 3 minutes once I get to work.
There you go, a healthy quick and easy breakfast you can have prepared ahead for those days you just need 5 more minutes in bed.